Now that we are finally making a safe exit from pollen season, you have limited excuses not to wash your car. Residents of Pebble Creek at Lake Mary apartments benefit from having a car care center on the property to help keep their vehicles always looking shiny and new.
Have you ever had the experience of a bad car wash? I have, and perhaps this is because I never knew how to properly wash a car until recently. This is a skill that many of us lack; however, our friends at Consumer Reports have some helpful tips to wash your car like a professional:
- Never wash your car with dish soap as it has the potential to destroy the paint job on your car. Instead, invest in an inexpensive dedicated car wash product and a natural sponge. These items can be picked up at any auto parts store.
- Begin the wash by rinsing down your entire car with water, paying close attention to areas such as the bumpers, windshield, wheels, and other areas that are prone to attract unwanted dirt.
- Mix your car wash solution in a bucket of water. Use a second bucket of water specifically to rinse your dirty sponge.
- Wash your car from the top on down to be sure that all dirt and soap is removed from the vehicle when you are finished with the wash. Never make circular motions with your sponge when washing your car as it can create unwanted scratches. Keep your sponge clean and move the sponge lengthwise to wash your car.
- Unless you want watermarks all over your car, don’t let it air dry. Instead, use a chamois to soak up the water on your car.